The Frederick County Board of County Commissioners recognized the Boys and Girls Club of Frederick County for their commitment and contribution to Frederick County. The Boys and Girls Club of Frederick County was charted by the Boys and Girls Club of America in 2010. The staff consists of 3 full time employees, 21 part time employees and 60 volunteers. They provide a safe haven for hundreds of children who have no safe place to go after school.
The Boys and Girls Club of Frederick County has a membership of 609 individuals. Some of the milestones and accomplishments are:
- 60% attended club 3 days a week or more
- 99% progressed on time to the next grade level
- 72% maintained satisfactory or better grades in all core subject area
- 51% improved their grades in at least one core subject area
- 62% of members missed less than a day of school per quarter
For more information about the Boys and Girls Club of Fredrick County or to inquire about volunteer opportunities please contact Patrick Gunnin, Executive Director, 301-600-1875 or email@example.com.