Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Meet Biomat USA, Inc

Five Questions with Nadine Collier, Center Manager, Biomat USA, Inc, Frederick 


1037 C West Patrick St Frederick, MD 21702 
301-360-2400

How long have you been in business?
The plasma center opened on the corner of Rosemont Ave and Military Rd in February 2003 with 1600 square feet and six beds.  We relocated in July 2009 to our current 10,400 square feet center with 30 beds.

How many employees do you have?
Currently I have 22 full-time and two part-time employees.

Why do you believe that you will continue to be successful in Frederick County?
As a community, Frederick is known for its giving spirit and donating plasma is an excellent way to help others.

If your company in involved in community outreach, please share with us your involvement.
I recently discovered the "One Job at a Time" initiative and I immediately joined.  I felt that we met their criteria as I am always looking for employees. I have hired ten new people in the last six months so I thought we would be a good fit.

What are you most proud of?
I am proud of the job I have accomplished in growing my center from six beds with three employees to thirty beds and 24 employees.  This allows us to safely collect the plasma that is required to make the products that help save lives around the world.